Teaching children to have a healthy, nutritious diet is an essential part of our curriculum at Hatching Dragons, as not only does it support children’s growth and development, but by providing delicious meals, we aim to have a positive impact on children’s lifelong relationship with food.
Today, we will be sharing our recipe for making salmon chowder and potatoes, to provide you with inspiration for creating easy, fast meals at home that are both nourishing and tasty. The recipe below should be the perfect amount for four servings.
1. Saute the onion, garlic and fennel, add the seasonings and create a flavourful base for the potatoes to cook in.
2. Cut the salmon into pieces.
3. Once the potatoes are tender, add milk.
4. Then poach the salmon, right in the creamy broth.
5. Cook for 2 minutes and turn the heat off.
6. Garnish with fresh dill.
Try to focus on cooking this dish with no distractions. Dedicate this time to yourself and enjoy what you are doing! In addition, try not to think of what you are going to do next, and keep yourself in the present moment. And of course, cooking with love is the secret ingredient.
Overall, we hope that you enjoyed making this children’s salmon recipe. Stay tuned for more monthly recipes, that are sure to become staples in your routine! To learn more about our approach to food, see here: