Hatching Dragons Bilingual Nursery Ethos?
Hatching Dragons Bilingual Nursery were created in the belief that we could do more for our children in the early years.
We believe that nursery schools can and should do more to help children become more globally aware and globally capable by becoming bilingual nursery schools to nurture the kind of knowledge, attitudes and values that will best place them in a world that is increasingly multi-cultural, multi-lingual and mobile. Particularly in a thriving global centre, like central London.
And what better place than in a bilingual nursery to start and to have children grow up:
- With an acceptance of other languages; more, that they should grow up with an expectation for other languages
- With the cultural understanding of another country, their values and beliefs and, most importantly, how they might complement their own
- To know, as a result, that there is is more that brings us together than separates us in this world
- With a thirst for the wonder, excitement and opportunity that knowledge of that wider world can offer
- With the constant, unadulterated and unashamed pursuit of magic, myth and the curiosity that it can bring.
- With the potential to adapt, confidently, to new surroundings and meet new challenges without fearing what might be different
- To think differently, from another perspective, and to take that mentality into later life
- To be more understanding and empathetic as a result and to help others become more so through their values
I want our bilingual nursery children to be inspired by the magic of the past to help them develop their own sense of magic for the future. The rich cultural legacies of both China and the UK can do so much to excite, stimulate and inspire – from tales of dragons and immortals through to mythical kingdoms. Not all are fairytales – they form our cultural past and provide the lattice from which we’ve developed the values we seem to all care about, whether you’re from Islington, Hackney, Tower Hamlets or Beijing, Shenzhen or Shanghai:
- Be responsible and care for one another – look after your neighbour as you would look after your family
- Live a good and decent life – be nice to yourself and to others
- Respect yourself – it will teach you respect for others
- Work hard for yourself, for your family and for your community
- Never stop imagining what is possible.
After all, it was Einstein who said:
“The important thing is to not stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existence. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvellous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery each day.”
Get in Touch
To make an enquiry at the various nurseries, please click below to select your desired nursery and access the enquiry form. Please ensure that you specify holiday camp in your enquiry.
Holiday Camp Registration
To register directly for a space to the holiday camp, please click below to select your desired nursery and be sure to specify holiday camp in your registration, along with the days you require. The team will be in touch with availability.
Thanks for your interest in what we’re doing – we’d love to keep you up to date about our movements and how our flight plans are coming along.
You can always reach us on the email, firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 3912 2900 but if you’d like to receive periodic updates on our events, announcements, availability and educational materials, please just click the sign up button below to starting receiving our monthly newsletters.